On 1 January 2013, the International Programme Office for Education and Training became part of the new authority the Swedish Council for Higher Education (UHR).
The Swedish Council for Higher Education's areas of responsibility are:
- Support and information regarding international cooperation and academic exchange across the entire education spectrum.
- Nordic and European exchange service for state officials, and training in preparation for EU's selection exams.
- Admission regulations and admission to higher education institutions.
- The Swedish Scholastic Aptitude Test and information regarding studies at the higher education level.
- Evaluation of foreign academic qualifications (from the Swedish National Agency for Higher Education, The Swedish Agency for Higher Education Services and the Swedish National Agency for Higher Vocational Education).